“We are with this quartet all the way and we end up cheering… Bunce and his director bring us into their on-stage lives and hold us captive for two entertaining hours.” J. Peter Bergman, The Berkshire Eagle
Red Maple Script Development Chronology
- 2015 February, First draft of Red Maple; A Love Story for Empty Nesters completed.
- 2016 April, Private reading at the home of Yvonne Perry.
- 2017 March, Script submitted to Capital Repertory’s Next Act Play Summit 6.
- 2017 Red Maple rises to top of the submissions and out of 457 entries, is one of four scripts chosen for staged reading.
- 2017 October, Red Maple receives public reading at Cap Rep.
- 2018 January, out of the 457 entries, Red Maple is the one script selected for full production in the Cap Rep 2018-19 season.
- 2018 August 6, Private developmental reading at Cap Rep with invited actors.
- 2018 Fall, Work with Producer and Director on script development.
- 2018 November, Casting with Stephanie Clapper Casting Agency in NYC.
- 2018 December 14, Second developmental reading at Cap Rep with invited actors.
- 2018 December 20, World Premiere production rehearsal script submitted.
- 2019 January 2, Rehearsals begin. Script revisions continue.
- 2019 January 25- February 17 World Premiere and first production.
- 2019 Rave Reviews, Standing Ovations, Box Office Records